How Campers Will Social Distance
Luckily the tennis courts are large and there is no need whatsoever to make contact with another child or counselor. As much as we want to, there will be no high-fives or hugs this summer.
- We will have no more then a 6:1 ratio per tennis court.
- Children will have a spot marked by an orange cone along the fence where he/she will drop off their water bottle. Their bag with snacks etc. will be in a different area.
- Tennis courts will be clearly marked with orange cones that will be separated by at least 6 feet.
- During tennis ball pick up time, children will be asked push the tennis balls towards the net with their racquets and then promptly head towards their water bottle for a rest. The counselor will pick up all the balls.
- The counselor will go over the expectations of social distancing at all times and there will be a floating counselor ensuring this always takes place.
- Children who accidentally break the rules will be gently reminded and if needed, wash or disinfect their hands.
- If we find a child has consistent issues with social distancing we will be sure to call the parent/guardian and have a candid conversation.
Added to Ensure Safety
- Full time staff member to consistently wipe down equipment, bathrooms and surfaces. (In addition to the camp counselors)
- Additional portable-potties to spread out the kids who need to use the bathroom. We will wipe down after each use.
- Hand sanitizing stations through-out the facility.
- Gates to remain open at all times.
- Tennis equipment will be carefully wiped down each day.
- Tennis Instructors will take their temperature daily and will NOT work if they present any Covid-19 symptoms.
- If there is consistent rain in the forecast then camp will be cancelled for the day and campers will get a make-up date.
- If there seems to be an opening in the weather, we will determine in real time whether to wait out the inclement weather. We will update parents via txt or email and update the club voice message.
- If we have had consistent rain the previous night, a message will be left on 4 Star’s Potomac Swim & Tennis Club’s answering machine detailing the delayed start of the day. (This gives us time to dry off the tennis courts)
- Club Phone: 301-983-0390